Kyoto University School of Government recognizes the importance of the protection of personal information in an advanced information and communication society, and in handling personal information on the website of Kyoto University School of Government (http://www.sg.kyoto-u.ac.jp/), it will comply with laws and regulations and make efforts to protect personal information in accordance with Rules Concerning Protection of Personal Information in Kyoto University (hereinafter referred to as "Rules") and the following policy:
1. Acquisition and Possession of Personal Information
- Kyoto University School of Government will acuire personal information by legal and fair means.
- Kyoto University School of Government will not hold personal information, except where as required for conducting the business of this School, and beyond the scope necessary for accomplishing the purposes of the use of such information (which purposes will be identified as much as possible).
- If this School acuires personal information, it will indicate the purposes of use of the collected information and the administrator of the collected information.
2. Use of Personal Information
- Kyoto University School of Government will not use any personal information or provide it to any third party for any purposes other than the purposes of use indicated at the time of the acquisition, except in accordance with laws or regulations.
- Kyoto University School of Government will not provide any personal information to any third party, without obtaining the consent of the person in question in advance, except as set forth in laws or regulations.
- If Kyoto University School of Government provides any personal information to a third party or consigns a service relating to the handling of personal information to a third party, it will conduct an impartial investigation on such third party in relation to the security of such personal information and the capability of administration and carry out appropriate supervision when it causes such third party to handle personal information.
3. Administration of Personal Information
Kyoto University School of Government will maintain the correctness of the personal information it holds, and will take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, etc., in order to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration and leakage, etc. thereof.
4. Disclosure, Correction, Disuse and Deletion of Personal Information
Kyoto University School of Government acknowledges that a person has the right to request the disclosure, correction, disuse and deletion, etc. of his/her own personal information, and will promptly respond to such request as set forth in the "Rules." Should you have any comments or questions concerning the handling of personal information by Kyoto University School of Government, please contact 'xxxxxxx' which is the liaison for the request for disclosure concerning personal information of Kyoto University School of Government.
5. Formulation, Implementation, Maintenance and Improvement of Personal Information Protection Rules
In addition to the provisions of this Policy, the protection of personal information in Kyoto University School of Government will be properly implemented in accordance with the provisions of the Rules.